WIFI Multiroom Vintage Radio
Radio Art déco équipée d’un amplificateur stéréo 400 W allié à deux hauts-parleurs ajustés de 200 W chacun (le haut parleur original avait une puissance de 3 W). Cet appareil est très puissant !
Its WIFI module will allow you to stream audio from music platforms and radio stations with much better sound quality than Bluetooth. Technical possibilities are rapidly evolving and we are dedicated to making our vintage devices effective tools to take advantage of them!
WIFI connectivity also opens up the possibility of synchronous wireless streaming to multiple devices (multi-room). If you buy a second device (radio, WIFI record player or WIFI speaker), one could play the left track and the other the right, or one could play your music in the living room and the other in the kitchen.
Find more information about WIFI features here.
The device also features Bluetooth connectivity for quick sound streaming, an auxiliary jack (you can use it as a vintage amp for a guitar) and an FM tuner.
- 400W class D stereo amplifier
- 2 x 200 W neodymium magnet speakers tuned to the amplifier for good sound quality in all the frequencies range
- WIFI connectivity
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Aux input
- FM radio
- Bluetooth / Aux / FM remote
- LED backlighting
- Original on/off switch and volume control by turning the knob
- Low voltage power supply, it can be used anywhere in the world, regardless of the mains voltage characteristics (220 or 110V, 50 or 60 Hz). Shipped with the appropriate transformer.
- Dimensions : 57 x 38 x 26 cm
The case and the front are completely original. As such, they show signs of the passage of time:
- two scratches on the plastic grid;
- some minor scratches on the paint ;
- fixed hairline on the right knob
- a tiny dent in the upper left corner of the grid;
- quelques traces d’ancienne humidité sur la peinture sur le dessus ;
- the back panel was damaged and was replaced by a replica.
This list is exhaustive, but the radio is in excellent condition for its 66 years, as the pictures show!
History of the radio
The Nouvelle Société de Radiophonie S.N.R. (63 rue du Faubourg-Poissonière, Paris IXe) was born in 1935 and produced radios until 1961. Its first models, small and unadorned, were adapted to the context of the crisis of the time, but SNR quickly evolved towards bakelite radios to keep up with the other manufacturers. The competition raged after World War II, and the design team began to search for a signature that would set them apart. New, more modern models, made of metal and inspired by Art Deco, came out of the factories in 1947. The success was very fast.
L’Excelsior 55, surnommée “le papillon”, est le Graal des radios Art-déco ! Produite une seule année, elle sont très difficiles à dénicher. Nous n’en avons pour le moment trouvé qu’une seule autre, qui était nettement en moins bonne condition.
We don't know how SNR came from being so successful to shutting down in 1961. If you have any information on this subject, please tell us !
Free shipping to UK, Germany, Spain, Netherland, Belgium and France.
Full one year warranty
A question? Contact us